Thursday, January 5, 2012

bedroom re-do

While Jeff was out of town for work the week before Christmas, I took it upon myself to re-do Michael's bedroom. We painted the ceiling and trim on Wednesday, then painted the walls on Thursday. After the paint was dry, we ripped out the carpet. The wood floors underneath were in really good shape, but still needed to be sanded, then stained and sealed to match the floors in the girls' room. By that time, I was done. It had been an incredibly busy week. I was also on the committee for the ward Christmas party, which had been on Tuesday - we had spent pretty much all of Monday and Tuesday at the church, all of Wednesday and Thursday painting, and I declared Friday a day of rest. And also, I didn't really want to tackle the sanding. So when Jeff came home, that became his project. He sanded and stained, and I put the polyurethane on. A week after I planned to be finished, we moved Michael into his new room.
He has new paint, new curtains, a new floor, a new bed, a new dresser, and a new shelf to put his stuff that he just can't part with. I am so happy with how it turned out.

Jeff is going out of town again in February. I'm already thinking what project I can get done....

5 comments:

sevenpennys said...

It looks really nice! I love those captain beds...great job!!

Malinda said...

Ben and Emily have beds exactly like Michael's. The room looks great! I love the wood floor and the giant pine cone on the treasure shelf.

Lindsay said...

Looks great Cami! =)

Connie Hansen said...

That looks great. I bet he loves it. The quilt fits that bed better. Nice job.

Elissa said...

love it. Jake would kill me if I did that to him again (make him sand floors), but it sounds like Jeff was nice :). And the end result looks great!