Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Some Updates

I haven't been blogging much lately. I've been reading all of your blogs, just not writing any of my own. So here's what's been going on....
  • Our desktop computer died. Completely. It won't even boot up. Jeff is currently working on this problem, trying to recover the photos and other documents from the hard drive, but so far, it isn't looking good. Jeff is looking good, but the possibility of getting that stuff back isn't. Fortunately, Jeff saved most of our photos to CD or to the laptop a few weeks ago. So the only stuff that might be potentially lost are the photos from the last month or so, and a lot of documents that I used for Primary stuff.
  • Speaking of Primary stuff, I will soon be released from that calling. I told the bishop we were selling our house, and that we would be moving. He has since told me that he has called a new president, and is just waiting on her to choose counselors. Any week now. I was hoping to be released LAST Sunday so that I wouldn't have to go to ward council this Sunday. But no such luck. I will have at least one more 7 am meeting.
  • And speaking of selling the house, it is not yet listed. We had the slow laundry drain flushed, the spiders sprayed, and the carpets cleaned in the last few days. Tomorrow I will set up an appointment with the Realtor, and we'll see what happens.
  • The pregnancy is going well. I had another doctor appointment today, and I have to say that after seeing what is identifiable as a baby on the ultrasound, I am much more excited. Little amoebas just don't do it for me. Especially when they make me so tired that I fall asleep at work (true story). In five weeks, we will go in for our big ultrasound and find out if it's a boy or a girl. Michael wants another sister. He refers to the baby as a "she," and he told me today that he wants to name her Shinzing. We'll file that one to the bottom of the stack of possibilities.
  • Faith now knows her head, belly, feet, and is learning her nose. She is teething, and it has not been pleasant for anyone. She has four molars coming in, only one of which has broken the surface. She also bit the tip off of both of her sippy cups, so we bought her new ones with hard plastic tips. She LOVES them. I don't even think she's thirsty most of the time. She just wants to drink out of her cup. It probably helps that they look just like the cup Michael drinks out of. She thinks she's so big.
  • Well, she IS so big. She came in at the 75th percentile for weight at her last doctor appointment, and she was the 50th percentile the visit before that; so she is not only gaining weight, but gaining on the curve.
  • Michael is very excited for his birthday tomorrow. He will finally get his new bike and his new helmet. I'm planning to take him to his first movie (the library is showing Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa at noon, and it's free). But when I asked him today if he wanted to go, he said no, he wanted to stay home and play with Faith. So we'll see. And I'm going to make cupcakes tomorrow, now that the carpets are dry and the living room furniture is out of the kitchen. Michael says he's going to eat cake. Tomorrow is really a practice cake. Hopefully, he'll eat cake on Saturday when we have the family over for cake and ice cream. He still insists he doesn't like ice cream.

2 comments:

Connie said...

What middle name will go with Shinzing? Ask Michael. He has such a great imagination.

Whitnie said...

I just got a blog and wanted to link some of the Ladies in the ward to it and then I come to find out that everyone in moving. This is very sad. I wish you the best of luck with everything.

How did you create those books? I love them.