Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 days of thankful

I was going to do a post each day this month about something for which I am grateful. But yeah, you can see that didn't happen. So I'll put 30 things into one post. Some of these are serious, most of them are not. Not that I'm not grateful for the big serious things too, but I'm also grateful for a lot of little things.

1. A husband who lets me be me and loves me that way.
2. Five-year-old knowledge (The pilgrims got sick because their water was thick and yucky. So they drank beer, and it didn't make them sick).
3. Two-year-old curiosity (Mom, do you have a bum? Where is your bum? Does Michael have a bum? Does Daddy have a bum?....).
4. Almost-one-year-old smiles, babbles, and belly laughs.
5. Gospel perspective and blessings.
6. My ward - I love living around people who are not clique-y and who really reach out to others.
7. Vitamin Water Zero - sweetened with Stevia. The acai-blueberry-pomegranate flavor is delish.
8. Comet, OxiClean, and Tide With Bleach.
9. Peanut butter. Mmmmm.
10. Utah Truffles - especially the almond or the mint ones. But really, I'll take any of them.
11. Personal revelation and insight and direction that helps me improve myself.
12. Progress on the basement remodel.
13. Jeans that fit. Hooray for Fashion Bug! For once, I don't have to take the waist in on jeans that fit everywhere else perfectly.
14. Crafty people who come up with good ideas.
15. The ability to copy said ideas.
16. Friends who are true and just say it like it is.
17. NPR.
18. Discussions with Jeff about things we hear on NPR or in other media.
19. Green salad with lemon juice and salt.
20. Guacamole - just avocados, lime juice, salt, and tomatoes.
21. Two part-time jobs with fantastic co-workers at both of them.
22. Craft shows and boutiques.
23. Facebook and blogs.
24. Not having a pet.
25. Being an American, and having my native language be English.
26. Indoor plumbing and hot water.
27. Memories of cobblestone streets - and the fact that I don't have to eat feijoada, cachupa, and bacalhau anymore.
28. Mexican food.
29. A dishwasher.
30. Snuggles with the 5-year-old, the 2-year-old, the almost-1-year-old, and the 32-year-old (although not all at the same time - that would get kind of suffocating).

What are you thankful for this month?

5 comments:

Connie said...

One thing I am really thankful for is reading your blog and seeing the progress of your family and always getting a smile or a laugh from you. Love it.

RiLe said...

I'd have a hard time eating cobblestone streets, too. Crunchy.

Cami said...

Haha. I knew my grammar was bad when I wrote that. I changed it for you, though.

Mark and Emily said...

Ahhhh, great post! I may just copy this idea ;)

Elissa said...

mmmm...Utah truffles and avacados. I am also thankful for those. And NPR. I like your list!