Friday, November 19, 2010

Boys are Gross!!

Maybe it's because he's five. Or maybe it's because he's a boy. Either way, I find myself surprised that my son could be so, well.... yucky. A couple of examples:

He thinks it is totally okay to leave rotting banana peels in the van, next to his seat - where he can see it and we can ALL smell it.

His room reeked. Seriously, reeked. It smelled like something died in there. Then by chance, I saw him tucking his wet diaper (yes, he still has not been able to get the all-night potty training down) into a cardboard shoe box and closing the lid. When I opened up the lid, I saw that the box was packed full of wet diapers, from like, the last two weeks or something. I was totally grossed out. He was devastated that I would chuck his entire "garbage can" into the large garbage can outside.

He started peeing without lifting the seat, so I was frequently finding pee all over the toilet seat. I told him that was gross, and he needed to lift up the seat. Later I was cleaning the kitchen and said something about not being able to find the dishrag. He ran into the bathroom and came out with it. Yeah, rather than lifting the seat, he had been using my dishrag to wipe his pee off.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Somebody please tell me why boys are so gross! And please, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that he'll grow out of it!!!!

6 comments:

Callie Hansen said...

Oh ew, EW, EEWWW!!!! Let me know when your house has been sanitized and I'll visit :)

Jeff said...

Sanitizing sounds like a great reason for a visit. I'll show you where the cleanser is!

Connie said...

Boy's will always be gross. There grossness just changes to other gross things. And yea, maybe you should sanitize the kitchen. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiLe said...

We only do it to gross out the women in our lives. Just ask Nikki.

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

Boys are just gross and after getting married, I've realized there is nothing I can do to change that. Some of the things Levi does and thinks are just fine...totally blow my mind. My mom always told me if it wasn't for mother's boys probably wouldn't live past the age of 5 :) Boys are just boys.

Elissa said...

I have no answers as to why boys are gross. But your banana comment made me remember that my brother, when he was 3 years old, would sneak down to the kitchen at night and sneak food up to his room. As if the kid was starving or something. And then my mom found old banana peels and the like in his BED. She also stopped checking pockets for things before doing laundry when she found a dead lizard in one of my brother's pockets. So at least you have company, right?

I was just thinking this week that boys are gross and the only thing my boy is doing is wiping his runny nose all over me. That is gross. But I'm not looking forward to future grossness.

Good luck!