Wednesday, March 23, 2011

projects

Lest you all think I haven't been doing anything in these long weeks that I haven't blogged:

I finally got my tall closet organized. I'm not going to put a door on this closet, but I wanted it to look decent. I was going to make some fabric bins, but then I found these baskets at Hobby Lobby (LOVE that place).
I got the ribbon and thread organized in my sewing room.
Found a frame for my large doily. I was having such a hard time finding a frame the right size. I found this one at a thrift store, but it was $30, and I was having a hard time paying that much at a thrift store. But when I went to JoAnn and priced what it would cost to have the doily framed there ($350+, and that's WITH a 50% off coupon - ACK!!!), I decided that $30 was a steal. It originally had horrid Chinese characters in it, and the frame was gold. I ripped it all apart, painted the frame, covered the mat with a nice fabric, and mounted my doily. I love it.
Then I found these doilies that a lady I taught in Portugal made for me. I don't like to use doilies under things, because I think they just collect dust and look dirty. But I do like them framed. Jeff's not such a fan, but he usually lets me make decorating decisions.
And I FINALLY finished my Family Home Evening chart and hung it up. I'd had the board painted and the vinyl on it for a long time, but I couldn't figure out what to hang as names, or how to hang them. Then I saw these knobs at (of course) Hobby Lobby, and suddenly.... it all made sense. I am in love with these knobs. The letters, I'm not sold on. I'll probably change them out for something else some day. But the knobs - love them.
Let's see, what else? Jeff and I got most everything moved out of the storage shed and back into our house. Then we did a serious purge and moved a lot of it back to storage, to await a yard sale (hopefully at the end of April). I am in the process of reorganizing our food storage and implementing a better rotation system. Which brings me to the current question weighing on my mind:

What do you do with empty #10 cans? I'm sure there must be some wonderful use for them that I haven't seen yet.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Nice job on all the projects. I too love the knobs. I like the doilies framed and the name looks great. You could make a giant tin man like Grandma Hansens from all the cans. HEE,HEE!!!!!!!!