Friday, January 29, 2010

Couple of things

I just had to post some things to remember.

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to the temple. (Thank you, Jodi, for taking the kids.) When Michael got off the school bus, I was still getting ready. He looked at me and smiled and said, "Mom, you look pretty!" Awwww. That was really sweet. But then I realized that what he probably meant was, "Mom, it's about time you got your hair out of that ponytail and brushed it!"

Faith has become a screaming banshee. Anytime she doesn't get her way, or the toy she wants, or the seat she wants, or whatever it is she wants, she starts screaming at the top of her lungs. I really hope this phase doesn't last long. My ears and my sanity can't take it.

But even with her screaming, I think she is the most darling girl ever. She calls Lauren "the baby," and will say, "Hi, the baby" to her. When she goes to bed, she has to give everyone loves. And if she misses someone, she asks me, "Daddy, loves?" Sometimes she even gives her toys loves (Jeff laughed when she gave a ball loves down in Delta - I think that night she really was just procrastinating because she wanted to stay up with Grandpa). Every time I turn on the computer, she runs over and says, "See Abby!" So I pull up Mandi's blog and let her see photos of Abby and Matthew. (By the way, Mandi, post some new ones, okay?)

Lauren is usually sleeping until 5 or 6 in the morning, which is very nice. She is smiling and starting to coo, and I just love it. I haven't caught one of her grins on film (um, memory card?) yet, but hopefully soon. Today she saw herself in the mirror, and grinned. It was so cute. She has been pretty fussy in the evenings lately. I'm hoping this is just the normal fussiness that babies have, and not a consequence of my diet. With both Michael and Faith, I had to make changes to my diet because of their food sensitivities. So far with Lauren I've been eating normally, and it's been okay until the last week or so. Hopefully she'll move past this phase soon. I'm really addicted to Maceys green onion cheese balls and Ritz crackers, and I'd hate to give that up.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Well I just thought Faith looked so cute with her darling pigtails yesterday!