Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

1. Sleep. Lauren slept 8 hours last night! Woo-hoo! That doesn't mean that I slept 8 hours. I just can't bring myself to go to bed at 8 pm. But I was asleep by 10, which means I got 6 hours in before Lauren woke up. It was so nice.

2. Facebook and blogs. I'm not very good at keeping up with old friends. But I've been able to find a lot of my old friends through Facebook and blogs, and it helps me to feel like I'm still connected somehow.

3. My mom sold our car! Yay!! Thanks, Mom. We didn't get quite as much as we had hoped, but at least we can reimburse our savings account and take the car off of our insurance policy, which will help me feel a lot better about our finances.

4. A (semi) warm basement. Our freezing cold basement is now almost pleasant due to our new furnace and the new register in the sewing room. Still not as warm as the upstairs, but I never really expected that.

5. Rebates. When we remodel our basement, we are going to put insulation in the exterior walls. Did you know that the utility companies offer rebates that will more than pay for the cost of the insulation? So if you do the work yourself, you come out ahead - potentially hundreds of dollars. Looking forward to that.

No comments: