Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lots to blog about

Lauren was blessed on Sunday. I, being the ever-attentive mother that I am, neglected to get a photo of her in her blessing dress. So my goal for tomorrow is to get the dress out again and take some pictures. She was darling in it, and Jeff did a fantastic job, as always. He was so sick that he didn't even come to church until Sacrament meeting, and then he left soon after the Sacrament to go home. He couldn't even stay vertical for more than a few minutes. (He is doing much better now, in case you were wondering.)

After church most of the family came over to our house for soup and breadsticks. Thank you to all who brought food and helped out. It is MUCH appreciated. Then we had cake and ice cream for Faith's birthday, about three weeks late. Oh well. Here is a photo of her cake:This was a really fun cake to make, and I thought it turned out pretty well.

Faith received some birthday gifts. She got a tutu from Mandi, which is one of the cutest I've ever seen. She got a Little People fairy house from Kari and Rich, and she got more dress-up clothes from Richard and Anna. Here she is with her tutu, shoes, and a billion and one necklaces on:
She has been so funny with those shoes. There are six pairs, and she LOVES to wear them. But she can't walk in them, so she sort of shuffles around very slowly. Today she was wearing them with her jeans, and it was so cute. I wish I had thought to take a picture then.

Today I had the opportunity to attend a temple session in which my friend and coworker received her endowment. It was a great experience. First, I was able to stay awake for the whole thing (I hate to admit that I have a hard time with that - once the lights go off, I'm out). But I also just felt like I needed to be in the temple today. I had some interesting impressions, and also gained a greater appreciation for some of my greatest blessings. So thanks, Audra, for inviting me.

After the temple session, I came home and got to work decorating a cake for our ward Relief Society birthday party, which was tonight. My friend April is on the Relief Society committee and asked me to do it. It isn't what I was planning to do, but I am happy with the way it turned out:And finally, a cute one of Faith wearing my bandana and one of her tutus:Life is crazy, but good!

9 comments:

aje said...

You are most welcome...it was a pleasure seeing you there! BTW - Faith is such a beautiful little girl!

Connie said...

The cake is gorgeous. Faith is also gorgeous. I love seeing her dress up. I need to get some clothes for my house, too.

April said...

You are so very talented Cami. thank you for the beautiful cake last night.

I knew it would be beautiful. Thank you for doing that for the relief society...

happy late b-day faith. your are so so cute. Love those cheeks.

Malinda said...

She'll be running around in those shoes before you know it. My girls are all better at walking in heels than I am. :)

Love the birthday cake!

Rachel said...

Sorry we missed the blessing. We have all been sick and Kyla has pneumonia. Glad it went nicely for you guys. -Your cakes looked great.

Mark and Emily said...

Your cakes are so amazing! We are going to be in Utah for Jake's first birthday and I'm thinking of hiring you to make his cake!! :)

Elissa said...

Wow...those cakes are gorgeous! I am very impressed.

Cami said...

Emily - I'd love to make his cake! It would be so fun!!

Becca said...

Your cakes are stunning! Can I order one for our visit in May?