Monday, April 5, 2010

Busy weekend

The kids and I went to Gunnison over Easter weekend. This gave Jeff some kid-free time to work on the basement, and since Michael didn't have school (spring break), it was a good opportunity for us to see Burke and get started on some things to help Michael eat better.

We drove down to Gunnison on Thursday in time to attend the open house of Burke's new practice, Sanpete Family Wellness. He has a very nice little office in Centerfield (which is just south of Gunnison). I didn't get much sleep Thursday night, since Faith was sleeping with me, and Lauren ended up in the bed with us too. Faith hates to have anyone lay next to her, so every time she even half woke up, she'd see me and start to cry. And I think Lauren was cold that first night, because if she was in bed with me, she was fine. But as soon as I put her into her own bed, she'd cry. So yeah, not very restful.

On Friday I took Michael to his first appointment with Burke (Dr. Larsen). He did some allergy/food sensitivity testing, and we discovered that he is actually not sensitive to wheat and dairy, which I thought he was. He is sensitive to a number of other foods and chemicals, and he has a number of supplements to take and a long list of foods to avoid, but I'm not going into that on this blog. I am, however, going to document it all on my blog about Michael.

Friday night, Callie hosted a neighborhood Easter egg hunt at the church near her house. It was fun for the kids to get a ton of candy (which I recycled for the family egg hunt on Sunday). That night was awful. Michael got sick and threw up in his bed. We changed his clothes, rolled up the dirty bedding, washed his face, etc., and went back to bed, with a bucket. This time, he slept with me (and Faith) in my bed. Not fun. Now I had two wiggly kids, and I was getting a horrible headache from the smell. I finally went downstairs and slept on the couch until I heard Faith at about 6 am. When I went upstairs, I found that Michael had thrown up again (in the bucket, though). I was ready to go home, except my headache was so bad that I didn't think I could drive. And I really wanted Burke to see Michael again. Fortunately, Michael seemed to be feeling much better. I opted to not go to the city egg hunt, but instead stayed at Callie's house and gave the kids baths. My parents came over (they had stayed at Mandi and Burke's) and offered to take Faith home with them for the night. They were coming back on Sunday for Easter dinner, and could just bring her back with them. A night with no wiggly kids in my bed? I took them up on the offer. (Thank you, by the way. I'm not sure I told you that. But it was very nice to not have to worry about her for a while.)

But my hope for a night with no kids in my bed wasn't realized - Michael insisted on sleeping with me. Grrrrr. Oh well. At least he isn't as wiggly as Faith.

Michael saw Burke again on Saturday, this time for some emotional things (again, not on this blog) and an adjustment. We also watched General Conference, although to be honest, I have a hard time getting much out of it with so much going on. I need peace and quiet to listen and concentrate, and that just doesn't happen much anymore.

Sunday, we watched Conference again, and then people started arriving for dinner (between sessions). When my parents got there with Faith, she gave me a hug and said, "Fafie happy," which was so cute. Mom made darling dresses for all the granddaughters, and shorts for the boys.Abby, Lauren, Faith, Averie, Keely
Matthew, Michael

Yeah, don't ask me what Michael is doing there, because I really don't know.

Between Conference sessions, we had a delicious dinner made by Callie, and then an egg hunt for the kids. It was especially fun to watch Faith get so excited about her yellow eggs (each kid was assigned a particular color of egg to find).
After cleaning up, packing up, getting the kids in the van, and a quick stop at Mandi and Burke's house, we headed home. It was a nice weekend, but as always, it was also really nice to come home.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Poor little guy! Was he sick or was the candy upsetting his tummy?