Tuesday, January 25, 2011

things I laughed at lately

I was trying to get the kids to clean up the living room (we go through this routine several times a day), and Faith was standing off to the side shaking her hips back and forth like she was dancing. After I reminded her (AGAIN) that we were supposed to be cleaning up, she said, "Let's just do this instead."

Today we had Family Home Evening (yes, a day late - story of my life lately), and we were talking about our bodies and how we take care of them. I asked Michael to tell us why our bodies are so important. He said that they are important because if we didn't have them, then when we ate food, it would fall all over the place. True.

Then Faith piped up, "This is the best body I ever had!"

The other day I was eating a fudge popsicle. Faith asked for a bite, so I gave her one. She ran out of the room. Not 10 seconds later, she was back. "How 'bout I have two bites?"

Faith is always saying she is hungry, but when it's time to eat, she won't touch her food. The other day she asked for a cookie and I told her no. I told her that if she was hungry, she should eat her lunch. She started pretending to eat a cookie and said, "This is the best cookie I never had!"

3 comments:

sevenpennys said...

your kids are so cute. I love it when kids say weird things, they're funny :)

Callie Hansen said...

Thanks....now I'm laughing too. Faith kills me!

Elissa said...

that's cute! And congrats on the ponytail--she's darling. I'm glad Russell's a boy, b/c if we were waiting to get his hair into a pigtail, he might might be 5 before it happened.