Friday, January 14, 2011

What I'm loving lately

Lately, I've been loving the bright colors in this crib.Seriously, love that pink and orange blanket that my mom made for Lauren. And the flannel sheet is pretty cool too.

I'm loving marshmallows and powdered sugar, because I finally got around to making my own fondant, and it was sooo easy, and sooooooo much better-tasting than the store-bought stuff. Faith and I made a "princess cake" just for fun. (I found your card, April. Thank you.)
And I have totally been loving Lauren FINALLY getting a little more hair. I'm thinking I should style it like this all the time.
I'm loving this racetrack that my parents gave to Michael for Christmas. Michael could seriously spend all day playing with it. He and Jeff have set up a system where they keep track of how many times each of his cars makes it through the loop, and then they rank them. It's neat that he can totally entertain himself doing this. It really fits his slightly OCD personality. (Did I say slightly OCD? That's kind of an understatement.)
I'm loving Faith's dress-up outfits. I wish I could find the photo of her in her princess dress, her snowboots, and her bicycle helmet, crouched behind the piano bench with a Nerf gun. But I can't. So you'll have to settle for this one.
And finally, I'm loving this:
Our new Ninja blender. It's awesome. It purees squash like nobody's business (we puree a lot of squash for Michael, and I've never had a blender that actually did it well). Jeff was skeptical and didn't want to pay that much for a blender, but an unexpected gift card to Target softened the blow. Love it.

3 comments:

Connie said...

The baby under the bright colors is pretty too. I love the princess cake and that you do it for fun. So glad Michael likes the race track. Some day he'll take stats for Nascar. Can't wait to see princess Faith in her get-up. I am tempted to buy the blender. How much?

Cami said...

Mom - the blender was $99 at Target. (I know, way more than anyone wants to pay for a blender.) But like I said, we had a gift card to Target that we hadn't expected to get, so it wasn't that bad. This one has a 72-ounce jar. There is another one that has a 40-ounce jar and is cheaper. But I wanted the bigger one and Jeff finally caved. :) You might be able to find a better deal online. I see infomercials for it, too, so maybe you could get in on one of their "But WAIT!" specials. Love you!

Callie Hansen said...

Love all those things too :) Especially the cute kiddos...