Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Rose by Any Other Name....

Michael has decided that he is only Michael sometimes. Sometimes he is Nuto. Or Coppy. Depends on the day. And on some days, I can call him Bud, but on other days I have to call him Sweetie. And Bud likes football, but Sweetie doesn't. It's bad news for Jeff when Sweetie is around on Sunday.

This has been the case for a few weeks. But now he has decided that Faith isn't Faith anymore either. Her name is Doop. I don't know where he came up with that one (I don't know where he came up with Nuto or Coppy, either). The other day while I was at work, he started calling her Doop. Jeff calls her Doop now, too. I think it's going to be one of those nicknames that sticks forever, and when she's 14 she'll ask why we call her Doop.

Last night was the ward Christmas party. Jeff was recently release from the Young Men presidency and called to Activities Committee (which is now comprised of three men). Last night was their first activity. It turned out really well (which, I'm sorry to say Jeff, is due in large part to the hard work of the women you guys enlisted to help). The decor was beautiful, and the food was good (funeral potatoes and cookies and ice cream are always good). The entertainment was a little strange, but better than I expected (they had a guy playing guitar to background music). Santa Claus was great. I would never have guessed it was Bruce Payne if I hadn't already known. The treat bags he gave the kids were fantastic (courtesy of the Primary, of course). But the best part of all (to me, at least) was that Michael, for the first time ever, was not afraid to sit on Santa's lap. He climbed up there and told him that he wanted presents for Christmas - trains, specifically. He even smiled at the camera while I took photos.

Michael was a little disappointed that there were no trains in his treat bag. But Santa (and the Primary) can't do everything. Faith had a turn, too, and she didn't mind sitting on Santa's lap (of course, I knew she wouldn't).

And here is Coppy (that's what he told Santa his name was) on the rocking horse by the Christmas tree.

No comments: