Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. Night time. I've been staying up really late these past few nights trying to finish all kinds of things - Christmas gifts, crochet orders, Christmas cards, and on and on. I know I'd never get everything finished without the time AFTER 8 o'clock, when the kids are in bed.

2. My bed time. I love my bed. It is so soft and comfortable, as long as Jeff isn't hogging the covers. Climbing into bed when I'm tired has to be one of my favorite parts of the day.

3. Sleeping time. Do we have a theme here? Faith is now sleeping all night, with an occasional exception when she's really congested or something. But it is SOOOO nice to fall asleep and be able to sleep all night.

4. My job. Another place where I get lots of projects done. Since I work at the front desk of a hotel, I have a lot of down time, and we're allowed to do our own thing during that time, which is really nice.

5. Blessings. Okay, so all of the things on Thankful Thursday really are blessings. I know that. But I'm thinking specifically this season of how fortunate Jeff and I are. We've been able to do Christmas for our family; gifts for neighbors, co-workers, and friends; fix our car and our furnace; and take advantage of good deals to stock up on clothes for the kids, food, and other things; AND we've been able to do all of that while paying off an enormous chunk of our debt. We're very blessed.

No comments: