Saturday, February 14, 2009

Do these things HAVE to come in threes?

1. Our car started to smell of gasoline. The smell was so strong that I would get sick driving even very short distances. So Dad and Tom fixed it while they were here for Faith's birthday party. (Thank you, thank you, thank you.) Pricetag: about $70.

2. While putting the kids in the car to take them to the doctor, Jeff pointed out that my tire was flat. Completely. Since we were running late, I made the wise decision to drive on the flat tire to the gas station, where we pumped it up before we went to the doctor. While I was inside with the kids and the doctor, Jeff put the spare on. Later, I took the car to Jerry's to have the flat fixed. But apparently, I ruined the sidewall of the tire by driving on it flat, and had to buy a new tire. Pricetag: about $75.

3. Our dishwasher is dying a drawn-out and noisy death. It was on its last legs when we bought the house, so I guess we should be happy it lasted almost five more years. Pricetag: $100-$400, depending on if we buy a used one on KSL and install it ourselves, or buy a cheap model at RC Willey and have them install it. Anyone know how to install dishwashers?

At least none of these things will break the bank. But it's annoying that just when we feel like we're getting ahead, little things start adding up. You know?

And I know I should stop at three, but:

4. The water heater has started leaking. I think it's time to sell the house. And the car.

2 comments:

April said...

Chay can install your dishwasher- we bought ours from Best Buy for $165? I think? Not the best- but it was cheap.

Cami- you can't move! How sad is that?

Oh and I won't be at church tomorrow- Kenzie and Julia are still snotty and running fevers- this has been one of the longest weeks of my life.

Every time- I mean every time we get our savings up- something horrible happens- without fail.

aje said...

Sounds like a plan! Just stay in the area and find a cute (new!) house...

...if only.

This morning, while driving, I heard the song "The Test"...I think that it is so true in our lives today! Keep reminding yourself that you are being "graded" for how well you pass the "tests"! :o)

p.s. I enjoy your insights as well!