Sunday, February 1, 2009

Effective advertising

We have had an older big-screen TV in our back room in the basement for a long time. Someone gave it to us a while ago, and after a short period of using it, we have just been storing it. I asked Jeff if we could get rid of it because it was taking up so much space. He gave his permission only after I promised we could get a new TV when we get a new house and somewhere to put said TV. So I listed in on KSL in the free section.

And how long do you think it took for someone to call me? Five minutes? No. Four minutes? No. Three minutes? No. Within a few seconds of posting the ad, my phone rang. "I live in Roy and can be there in half an hour. Can I come get your TV?" I said yes and gave directions, then hung up. The phone rang again. "Can I come get your TV?" No, it's already been promised, but if he doesn't show up, I'll call you back. The phone rang again. We didn't answer. By the time I got back onto KSL to cancel the ad, the phone had rung probably five times, and 9 minutes had passed since posting. 45 minutes after posting, the TV was out of my house and on its way to another home, which has a little boy who is SO excited. He was jumping around in our driveway while his dad and Jeff loaded it up. He could have had it home and hooked up in time to watch the Superbowl. I love KSL.

No comments: