Friday, February 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday - on Friday

Okay, I'm a blog slacker. I haven't posted in a whole week, and I missed Thankful Thursday (again). So here we go.

1. We got to meet Averie yesterday! Yay!! She's beautiful and sweet, and I am so happy for Callie and Gary.

2. We went to dinner at Olive Garden this week - TWICE!! I love their salad and breadsticks and alfredo sauce. Just thinking of it makes my mouth water. Sweetie, want to go to lunch tomorrow?

3. Faith's one-year check-up went well. She is in the 95th percentile for height, but only in the 50th for weight. What? My fat little girl is only in the 50th percentile?!? But as Jeff and I discussed today, our fat little girl is not fat because of French fries and fish sticks and chicken nuggets and other fattening goodies. So maybe that explains how 50 percent of 1-year-olds in the U.S. are fatter than she is. I must say, that blew me away.

4. We got our tax refund today, after which I promptly made a large payment to our credit card. No fun plans with that refund. But at least we are (much) closer to being out of debt. Within four months, we should have nothing left but our mortgage and one car payment. And by the end of the year, we should have the car paid off as well and have a good chunk in the savings account. That's the goal, anyway.

5. We're going to the Bar J Wranglers tomorrow night. That's always fun, except I have to admit that after you've seen them so many times, you know all of their jokes and stories. Still a good time, though.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

1 - Jealous
2 - Not so jealous, except having the $$ to go to Olive Garden 2x in a week.
3 - Nothing to be jealous about - I've got a fatty, too, and I love it!
4 - JEALOUS!! Guess you have to make some money in order to get money back (which would take care of the jealousy in #2).
5 - Again, jealous! I don't think they make it to Dallas.

Love you!