Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good News!!

I'm so excited. I just got hired at the Ogden Athletic Club (click here to check out this facility). I work one night a week, from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m., helping to clean the Club. And instead of getting paid, my family gets a membership to the Club!!! Yay! I'm hoping this will help me reach my goal of exercising 4 days a week. Instead of that nice hourglass figure I once had (a LONG time ago), I now look more like a tumbler. As in, the tumbler glass that you drink out of - you know, that's completely straight and has no shape whatsoever. Blah. I need help. Is it because I'm 30 now? Everyone says your metabolism changes, and in my case, it sure seems like that's what has happened.

And more good news! We bought a dishwasher today. I found one on KSL that is less than a year old, and it was $125. Jeff picked it up this afternoon, and I'm so excited to get it installed and be able to run a dishwasher at night without having to shut my bedroom door and cover my head with a pillow. I need to stop looking at KSL, now, because I just saw another one that was only $75..... Help! I've become addicted to bargain hunting!!

It will be nice to not have chunks of rack rusting apart and falling out. It's kind of hard to load the dishwasher when you don't have much of an upper rack left.

Just wanted to share a bit of my excitement today. Dorky, I know. :)

2 comments:

Connie said...

Wait til your nearly 50 and the menopausal roll sets in. Congrats on the new dw. Love, MOM

Kris said...

Hey you! I haven't talked to you in a long time! I'm riding the bus again to SLC and thought of you this morning. I hope all is well. I'd love to catch up. My e-mail is thompsonkh at comcast dot net. Have a marvelous day!
-Kristina

By the way - that's awesome about the OAC! :)