Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. Productive days. Today, I was able to clean (almost) the entire house while Jeff was at work. I cleaned the bathrooms, swept, vacuumed, and did the dishes. I also did all the laundry. I didn't dust (are you surprised? - I hate to dust) or mop the kitchen yet, but I can do it tomorrow. Anyway, I also had a meeting with my Primary counselors, made a cake for a funeral, and installed insulation in our attic. Okay, so I didn't install the insulation. Kelly Insulation did. If any of you have Rocky Mountain Power and Questar Gas, you should look into this program. (See #2.)

2. The free attic insulation program. Basically, Rocky Mountain Power and Questar Gas will give you rebates if you install insulation in your attic. But there are companies that will install it, and they charge you the amount of the rebate. They do all the paperwork for you, and when you get the rebate, you send it to them. Easiest home improvement project ever. Okay, so maybe we would have actually come out ahead if we had done it ourselves and kept the rebates, but you know what? I'm all for easy.

3. The chance to make a little extra money. All these little side jobs that Jeff and I do have been a great blessing.

4. Stable jobs in an unstable economy. Jeff works for the IRS, which is not going anywhere anytime soon. And I work at a hotel, which must have someone on the desk 24/7.

5. Missionary challenges. The elders came over to our house the other day, and they gave us a challenge. I won't go into all the specifics, but it has already made a difference in our home - to me, at least. As we continue with this challenge (which is a 21-day project), I am really looking forward to seeing what happens.

No comments: