Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A fun weekend

I'm at work again. It seems the best time to post on my blog is when I'm at work. But that's also where my pictures are NOT, so my posts aren't as colorful or as beautiful as they would be if I were posting from home. But then, I dont' take tons of photos anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter where I post.

Anyway, we spent the weekend at Bear Lake with the extended Hansen family. It was a lot of fun. Michael had a great time playing in the water, but poor little Faith was disfigured by mosquito bites that swelled into ginormous lumps on her head, right shin, and left eye. She looked like she had been badly beaten, just without the bruising. But she is almost back to normal now, with just red spots that look like normal mosquito bites instead of huge lumps. I guess some kids just react really badly to bites. We ended up staying an extra night with just my family, and that was nice. I enjoyed not taking the tent down that first morning (thanks, Mom and Dad, for setting it up for us). I also enjoyed just being there without a ton of yelling cousins. I love my cousins, but now that they're mostly teenagers, they're really noisy.

We have our big ultrasound tomorrow. To be honest, I've been so busy with other things that I had almost forgotten about it. I guess I'd better find a baby-sitter, unless I want the kids coming with us. I'm excited to find out the sex of this little baby, so Jeff and I can start arguing over names. (What's to argue about? I'll win anyway, won't I?) Actually, I'm more excited to plan. Once I know whether it will be Michael or Faith who shares a room with the baby, I can get to it. I'll be sure to let you all know. I know, Mom, that you're anxious to start sewing.

So I guess it's back to work. To be honest, I'd rather be anywhere than here tonight. We've got a night auditor quitting (hopefully I can convince him to stay one more week), and then some new developments that have me really stressed out, but I can't talk about them yet. I know, you all hate that kind of comment. I hate it too. But I promise I'll explain when things are resolved.

1 comment:

aje said...

Yes, hate that comment. Now you have me worried in the job department! (Only slightly, though).

Hope all goes well with the ultrasound! That's so exciting!