Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Name Game

So now begins the process of choosing a name for this little girl. Kid and Shinzing are out. Sorry, Michael.

Jeff likes some pretty funky names. Like Gabriella. Gabriella? He says we can call her Gabby, which is cute, but Gabriella? It's too much of a mouthful.

Jeff thinks some of the names I like are pretty funky, too. Like Lorelei. I think Lorelei is a cute name. And you can call her Lori, or Lola.

My favorite names so far are Anna Helen (after my great-grandmother, grandmother, and Jeff's mom), Lyndi Ann, Ella (no middle name yet), and Lorelei (no middle name there, either, although I do like Anna Lorelei). If we name this baby Anna, we will likely call her Annie to eliminate confusion with Jeff's mom.

And speaking of names, Michael has taken to calling me Old-Timer. Where did he get this, you ask? From the movie Fox and the Hound. Copper calls Chief "Old-Timer." So Michael thinks it's funny to call me Old-Timer. Even though I really doubt he knows what that means, I'd prefer he didn't call me that.

So back to baby names. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Connie said...

I like Lyndi or Lindee or Lindi. I like Carli, too. There's alway Coniann.(: HEE HEE. I'm sure whatever you choose will be great.

sevenpennys said...

And Lorelei isn't a mouthful...just sayin' ;-)

Mark and Emily said...

Another little girl! How exciting...congratulations :)

Rachel said...

"Old timer". I love the stuff kids come up with. Bailey frequently calls me Rachel or Rachie. It's kind of funny. I really like the name Aubrey but Ryan would never go for it with my girls.

Jeff said...

Lorelei? Did you start the Loratab early this time or what?