Monday, August 31, 2009

Hill Aerospace Museum, and first day of nursery

On Saturday we went down to Hill Aerospace Museum for the open cockpit day. They were also having a chili cook-off and car show, and one of Jeff's friends had entered the chili cook-off. Anyway, the planes were really neat. Michael loved climbing the steps to look inside (although he pretty much counted the seats, announced how many there were, and them climbed back down). Jeff enjoyed the chili. Other than a chili contestant dressed as a freaky monster/monkey/martial arts something, who terrorized Michael every time he came anywhere within sight, it was a good day.

The two cool kids, ready to go:There was an older man there who had built this little plane. He was letting the kids sit in it and push each other around. Here's Michael pushing Faith:
And some kid I don't know, pushing Michael around:Yesterday was Faith's first day of nursery. Here she is in her cute dress that she totally destroyed during the course of church:
Her dress had these layers of ruffles at the bottom. They alternate, one layer of fabric, one layer of sheer stuff. Last time she wore this dress, she ripped the bottom layer of sheer stuff to shreds, so I cut it off (making the dress one ruffle shorter). This was only the second time she had worn the dress, and she managed to rip the bottom layer of sheer stuff again. So we threw the dress away. It was already getting too short, and I just couldn't justify cutting off two more layers of ruffles.

Anyway, she was a champ in nursery. I brought her in there and found her a toy, and when the leader came, I left. I went back after Relief Society and peeked in, and she was sitting at the table with the other kids, just hanging out eating her snack. When I picked her up after Sunday School, the leader told me that she had whined just a little bit when I first left, but she didn't cry at all. I wasn't worried about her. She's pretty independent. It was really nice to attend my other classes without any kids.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Hurray for Faith and 1st day at nursery. I love the pics of the kids before the outing. Sounds like you had a great time.

Mark and Emily said...

I'm not sure why, but I find it hilarious that she ripped off layers of her dress.... :)

Rachel said...

She really was so great in the nursery. We kept making sure she wasn't getting sad or something and she never did. How exciting that it doesn't have to be a weekly battle for you like it is for so many other parents. :)