Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This Last Week

Things I did:
  1. Went to Delta for a couple of days with the kids.
  2. Went camping with my family for a couple of days up Ephraim canyon.
  3. Froze to death the first night, did much better the second night.
  4. Finished the last of eight loads of laundry from said camping trip (and a few that were left at home).
  5. Totally collapsed from exhaustion today. Hopefully, no one comes to see the house tonight, because it's a mess.
Things that I learned:
  1. When I'm not home, Jeff can't go to sleep in our bed. So he sleeps on the couch.
  2. Everyone thinks they can parent better than the parent, until they become a parent. Then some of them still think they can parent your child better than you can.
  3. I have the best parents. Ever. (Actually, I already knew this. But I was reminded of it on more than one occasion.)
  4. Faith has no problem being filthy, filthy dirty.
Things that frustrated me:
  1. Someone getting angry at Michael for doing something I told him was okay to do.
  2. My sleeping bags getting soaked by the neighbor's sprinklers when they were hanging on my clothesline.
Things that made me laugh:
  1. Faith with a forkful of mandarin oranges, not putting it in her mouth until she opened her mouth as wide as it could possibly go. In fact, she stopped the fork just in front of her mouth to adjust her mouth even wider.
  2. Keely's grins and Averie's expressions.
  3. Michael telling me he wanted Daddy to be here "right now." When I said Daddy was coming as soon as he could, Michael told me that Daddy had to be here "before I sneeze." When I asked what would happen when he sneezed, he said, "I'll go 'A-choo!'"
  4. Learning about a new medical condition: Stendhal Syndrome - a rare condition that causes erratic behavior when a person is exposed to artwork. HUH? No really, it's a real condition.
  5. Jeff helping Faith walk on her hands in the dirt. She LOVED to be upside-down.
  6. Michael telling me, "I didn't like the red four-wheeler. Then I rode on it, and now I like it!"
It's a pretty good week when there are more things that make you laugh than those that frustrate you.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks Cami. I have the best kids ever. There is no one I'd rather be with than family. The weekend was fun. The grandkids made me smile and laugh. The games we played cracked me up because of all the funny children I have. Can't wait to do it again.

Stephanie said...

I had to laugh at the parenting comment. I was just complaining to Rick this week about older women who have forgotten what it's like to be a mom to young kids and think we're always doing something wrong. It seems like everytime my kids go crazy in a public place and run off to do something dangerous an older woman always comes up to me and makes some comment about what they were doing and insinuating that I should have somehow been able to stop them.

Sorry for the rant. I'm getting a little sick of the judgmental comments. My kids are healthy and still alive so I figure I must be doing something right even if it doesn't look that way in public. :)