Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New fridge!!!

Our refrigerator has been one of my not-so-favorite things for a while now. It's just too small to fit all of our food - especially since I've been doing Bountiful Baskets and have a boatload of produce every week, as well as up to four gallons of milk (yes, I have one or two gallons of milk for the kids and one or two gallons for Jeff at any given time) and one or two half-gallons of goat milk (for Lauren). And then the food on one side of the bottom shelf would freeze, which was really frustrating, because that's where I keep my produce. So I was throwing a lot of stuff away.

Anyway, after some sweet-talking Jeff, and compromise involving an iPod Touch, I bought this:It's my dream fridge! Isn't it pretty? The kids are most infatuated with the water dispenser. We've never had one before. Getting that water line installed was interesting. It only took me two trips to Lowe's and four holes drilled in my floor. (Yes, I thought I measured correctly, but apparently not - twice. And then I had to move the line anyway because it was too far away from the wall and the fridge would sit on it and kink it.) But hey, the holes are all under the fridge, so it doesn't matter, right? (Please say right.)

I am infatuated with the child lock that prevents Faith from pushing all the buttons and changing all the settings, and also the filtered ice. Jeff is infatuated with his new iPod. And he says that since the kids are now drinking enormous amounts of water, that it was totally worth it.

And Riley and Nikki are getting our old fridge. Hopefully it will be big enough for them. And if they don't put their produce on that one side on the bottom, it should work well.

6 comments:

Callie Hansen said...

Ooooh fancy! I like it. Congrats!!!
I'm getting carpet next week and I'm SOOO excited!

RiLe said...

Right!!! You might have noticed a gamut of holes in our floor, but now their covered by the carpet. Problem solved! Thanks for the fridge by the way.

sevenpennys said...

yeah, we're really excited to get your old fridge. I like your new one, pretty...someday we'll get around to getting a fancy one...but right now, your old one that we're getting is like your new one to us! (Our old fridge is...well...let's just say old).

Malinda said...

Yay for you! Our fridge has both of the same issues as yours. We'll get a new one someday. For now I'm trying not to covet. :)

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

Oooooo!! I'm so jealous of your fridge!! I love that kind!! You are living it up now!!

Connie said...

Right!!!!!!!!!!! Wow that's beautiful. I'm glad the kids like the water, that's a bonus.