Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Fun

We have been busy! It hit me the other day that Michael starts school on August 16 - just over two short weeks from now. I can't believe how fast the summer has flown by. The kids and I went to Delta for a few days in July. It was a nice change of pace, and so fun for the kids to see Grandma and Grandpa. Michael thought he was the coolest thing ever because he got to ride with Grandpa all over central Utah one day (he later told me they went to 16 towns, and then he proceeded to name them all). I'm sure he kept Grandpa entertained by singing every song he knows and chatting about every movie he's ever seen. I'm glad Grandpa's such a good sport - because it drives me bonkers after a while.

They had chicken week at Maceys, and the kids got these awesome hats.
We've broken out the Slip-n-slide a couple of times. Neither Michael nor Faith is a big fan of having water spray them in the face, so Michael prefers to run down the side.
He finally actually got to where he would run through the water instead of alongside it.
They especially like to crawl on it with no water at all. Here's Michael facing down the shark.
Faith's turn. Michael informed her that she had to stop and ask the shark for permission to pass. But he doesn't.
Lauren watching the fun.
I've been taking the kids to school lunch during the summer. I was trying to get Michael accustomed to lunch at school. Let me just say that it's a good thing we are having him in half-day kindergarten and we still have a year before he'll have to eat lunch there. I don't think there's any way he would be able to eat enough food to get him through the rest of the day without some major meltdown trauma.
Michael and Faith like to show us how big they are (which means they stick their bellies out as far as they can).
And let me just say, Faith is turning into a sassy little thing. This morning I asked if she wanted some toast, and she said "yup." I've been trying to get her to say "yes" instead, so I said, "Yes or no? Do you want some toast?" She responded, "Yup." So I repeated, "Yes or no?" She yelled at me, "I DON'T DO YES!"

And after breakfast, I told her to put her leftover food back on her plate (she likes to spread it all over the table). She stalled for a while. I kept telling her. Finally, she said, "You can do it!"

4 comments:

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

Oh silly Faith ....I hopefully it is just a short lived growing phase!!

Mark and Emily said...

Ahhh, just wait for the teenage years :)

Connie said...

I want to play on the waterslide!

I can just hear Faith is her high pitched voice and speed talk telling you she doesn't do yes. She makes me laugh.

Dennis and Calena said...

We tried those school lunches too and Tavin wouldn't eat any of the food either. I have a feeling he's going to have to take packed lunches of dry cereal when he starts kindergarten. Thank goodness for half-day :-)