Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Binky Fairy

The binky fairy came to visit last night. (I know what you're thinking - it's about time, she's two and a half.) Faith left her remaining two binkies in a bowl on the kitchen table, and the binky fairy took them and left a surprise - four butterflies that grow in water and a new ring. Faith was thrilled. So was Michael. I think he's enjoyed checking on their growth more than she has.

We started two nights ago with no binkies, and told Faith she was a big girl now and didn't need them. So far she's done really well. She has only whined one time for her binky, but stopped when I reminded her that she's a big girl. Then she just repeated, "I'm a big girl." It is taking her longer to fall asleep, and she wants me to lay down with her more, but I'm thinking that will soon pass.

Yay for big girls!!

Smiling for the camera (why can they never show their good smiles when they're trying?)
A good one.

3 comments:

sevenpennys said...

That's good that she had the Binky Fairy come visit. I would like Keely's to come visit her, but we just got her off of taking her sippy cup to bed....so one thing at a time I guess. I like her silly smile. Keely always makes the most awful faces when I tell her to smile for the camera...she thinks she's smiling and I think it's weird looking...oh well. Go Faith! :)

Connie said...

Yay Faith. I love how she repeats that she's a big girl. Sweet and funny, too.

Julander Family said...

yay faith, way to go, she is seriously too cute, I love the fake smile. Real ones are better but the fake ones are good for a giggle!