Tuesday, August 10, 2010

bittersweet

You are going to think this is a lame post. But I have to record it, because it's kind of a big deal to my lame mind.

I sold one of my crocheted baby dresses on etsy. Big deal, you say. I've sold other crocheted dresses.

But not this one.
This one took me about two years to finish. Mostly because I got overwhelmed by it and didn't work on it regularly. All in all, though, I probably spent over100 hours on it.
It was listed for a lot of money. But definitely not 100 hours worth of money.
Goodbye, pretty dress that has been hanging in my closet for so long. Safe journey to Australia. *sniff* I hope that baby that wears you won't spit up on you.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh my goodness... that is the sweetest dress ever. No wonder you are sad to let it go. You do beautiful work Cami!

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

Oh my goodness Cami!! That is georgous! That is incredible work..no wonder that took forever!Just beautiful!

Whitnie said...

Congrats! The dress is beautiful. It's fun to have other people appreciate your hard work, and you're amazing!

Connie said...

Hopefully it's for a spit free display doll. Anyway it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Amazing! You are so talented!

April said...

I am curious how much a dress like that goes for????? What is your etsy store name?

Cami, is there anything you CAN'T do? I mean seriously.

I love that the dress went to Australia. Already has a story. I'm sorry you had to let it go.

Do you take requests on your etsy shop???

Elissa said...

Cami, you amaze me. That dress is beautiful! Some etsy things just make me roll my eyes....like why are they selling that thing anyone could make with enough hot glue? Except the things you make--I don't know of anyone besides you who can do that!

Hollie said...

Wow! People who can do stuff like this amaze me. This is absolutely beautiful. You'll have to teach me to crochet sometime. On second thought, I don't think I'm patient enough. =)

Rachel said...

You really have quite the talent. I am glad you got some good pictures of your hard work.