Thursday, September 11, 2008

Faces of Faith, and other funny stuff

Faith has started doing this goofy thing with her face, where she squinches up her nose and lips and breathes in and out really loudly. It's so funny looking. I had to take some photos.

Okay, and then I have to put one of her smiling in here too, lest you all think that her face has stuck that way:

She has figured out how to jump in her bouncer, instead of just kind of wobbling all over the place, and she loves it. It's fun to watch her.

Michael totally cracked me up this morning. He was sitting at the table eating breakfast, and he started singing "How Great Thou Art." He doesn't quite have the words down all the way, but he does know the tune (more or less). So he's belting it out, and he missed a couple of words. I was at the sink doing some dishes, and I started to sing with him to help him get the words right. He yelled at me, "NO MOM!!! Only sing in the spoon!!" I turned and looked at him, and he was holding the spoon up like a microphone and singing into it. Where did he learn that? I have no idea. Preschool, maybe? Or maybe Jeff sings into the spoon when I'm not around? Either way, it was hilarious to watch him, and hear him, although I can think of a couple of people who would cringe at his performance of a hymn. I'd like to record it, but I'm not sure he'd do it in front of the camera.

And since today is Thursday, I have to do my Thankful Thursday:
  • Leaf Blowers. I wanted to take some photos of our house before the lawn and flowers start dying this fall, so Jeff used the leaf blower and blew all the dirt, leaves, sawdust, etc., off our patio, driveway, and sidewalks. It looks SO much better. I took lots of photos today, and I think they turned out pretty well.
  • Peace and Quiet. An unexpected bonus of Michael going to preschool is that I get a little (very short) break when Michael is gone and Faith is sleeping. Today I got to make a phone call and read some blogs. Then Faith woke up. The quiet is gone, since she is bouncing in her bouncer and breathing loudly through her squinched up nose and mouth.
  • The word "squinched." Could any word better describe what she is doing right now?
  • Baby feet. I have to say I LOVE Faith's feet. They are so fat that there is a ridge on the TOP of her feet where her toes begin. I actually have to clean it out. Okay, so that doesn't sound very pleasant, but her feet are really cute.
  • Mr. Gabaldon. He is our neighbor, and the other day he gave us a darling desk and chair for Michael. Michael promptly sat down at the desk and drew two pictures, which we brought over to him. He acted thrilled to get two multi-colored scribbles from a three-year-old. Michael spent much of the rest of the day saying "Mr. Gabaldon" over and over, with a big grin on his face. It was so cute.

1 comment:

Callie Hansen said...

She is so stinkin cute, seriously. I love those pictures. And the description of her feet reminded me of mine. lol. Lovely retaining water. :) I have a feeling that Michael learned the microphone trick from Jeff. It's the only feasible explanation. ;)