Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tag, You're It!!

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30 AM - after five (yes, I finally got FIVE) hours of sleep; it was so nice.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds for rings, pearls for necklaces.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Errand of Angels - it was okay, but not great.
4. What is your favorite TV show? The Office.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? What's breakfast? J/K. Lately I've been having cottage cheese and peaches from the bottles that didn't seal.
6. What is your middle name? Ann.
7. What food do you dislike? Chinese.
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Hmm. The only CD I listen to is Raffi.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Malibu.
10. Favorite sandwich? Probably a good BLT with mayonnaise - or just standard PB & J.
11. What characteristics do you despise? I have a really hard time with people who have to complain about everything. Like, can't you just choose to be happy and go with it?
12. Favorite item of clothing? Lately I've been living in my yoga pants that I cut off. So they're not cute - I know that. But they're super comfy and they're GREAT for doing all my projects around the house, like canning.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I'd go most anywhere with Jeff, but druthers would be Portugal, Spain, Mexico, Italy, Brazil, or Washington DC. Or a road trip up the west coast into Canada.
14. Favorite brand of clothing? I don't know anything about brands of clothing. I like my Old Navy jeans and my Ross or WalMart shirts.
15. Where would you retire to? I would love to own a little bed and breakfast on the beach somewhere - southern Portugal or maybe even Bear Lake. I guess in the end I'd rather be near family, though.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? I got to go to NYC with Jeff the week before my birthday this year, and Jeff said it was for my birthday. So that was definitely memorable. Can't forget hauling Faith and her stroller up and down 90 gazillion flights of subway stairs, and waiting for Jeff for an hour in the stifling heat of a subway station. Or the look on the face of that man who sat down at our table at Ben & Jerry's when I started nursing Faith. Or Jeff's excitement at going to the Giants game. Or the feeling of reverence I had when I saw Ground Zero. Or how heavenly it is to sleep in a king-size bed without children. Hmm. Yeah, that was a good birthday. Thanks, Jeff!!
17. Favorite sport to watch? Football - NFL, that is. Not college.
18. When is your birthday? August 26, 1978. I turned 30 this year.
19. Are you a morning person or a night person? I used to be a morning person, but lately I'm up late at night, and then up all night, and so I'd prefer to stay in bed all day if I could.
20. What is your shoe size? 10.
21. Pets? My last pet was a beta fish, Rudy. When he died, it totally freaked me out to flush him down the toilet. I don't think we'll be getting any other pets until Michael is old enough to take care of them. And we'll never have them in the house. I don't do pet smell and pet hair.
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I'm going to get my act together and put some of my crocheted things in local boutiques, online, etc. I just need Jeff to help me get photos taken and some things listed online.
23. What did you want to be when you were little? That would depend on what you mean by "little." At various times I wanted to be a teacher, a mathematician (what was I thinking?), a writer, an artist..... I'd still like to write and teach, and maybe dabble in painting just enough to do some creative pieces for my home, but mathematician? Not so much. I have to ask Jeff to do even simple math problems for me.
24. How are you today? I feel really good today. Like I said, I got five hours of uninterrupted sleep. And, even though my house is a disaster area and I have a TON of work to do when I get home from work today, I feel good, and I'm actually looking forward to cleaning things up. Probably because I know that the canning is done and I won't have to clean it all up again until next year.
25. What is your favorite candy? Chocolate. Come on, is that really a question? I especially love Hershey's Special Dark chocolate.
26. What is your favorite flower? Most anything orange. I think orange flowers are so pretty.
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? October 27, 2008. The day AFTER our Primary program. Can you say stress-free?
28. What is your full name? Cami Ann Hansen Sabin
29. What are you listening to right now? The coffee pot at work. And some show on the television. I'm really not listening, it's just background noise.
30. What was the last thing you ate? I drank some tomato juice before I left for work. I love tomato juice. Jeff made some for me yesterday. Thanks, Sweetie!!
31. Do you wish on stars? Not since I was 15 or so.
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Something bright - orange, maybe, or bright purple.
33. How is the weather right now? Perfect.
34. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? A guest calling to say she wants to stay another night.
35. Favorite soft drink? This is terrible - but I love Coke. I try not to drink it unless I have a really bad headache, but sometimes I give in.
36. Favorite restaurant? I've become quite fond of a little Italian place here called Boccia's D'Italia. I also really like another little place called Bagels-n-Buns.
37. Real hair color? Brown.
38. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Jenny doll. It was actually a Mandy doll, but since my sister was Mandi, I couldn't have a Mandy doll. So we changed her name to Jenny. It must have been my favorite, because it's the only one I can remember.
39. Summer or winter? Summer.
40. Hugs or kisses? Kisses AND hugs from Jeff and Michael. Hugs from everyone else. Someday I'm sure I'll love kisses from Faith, too. But right now she's just mostly slobbery.
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? If we're talking ice cream, vanilla. Or a twist cone.
42. Coffee or tea? To smell - coffee. To drink - herbal tea.
43. When was the last time you cried? In the middle of the night on Thursday night. Michael was wide awake and wanted me to lie in his bed with him, and I just wanted to sleep - in MY bed with no little legs kicking me.
44. What is under your bed? I don't want to know - probably LOTS of dust bunnies.
45. What did you do last night? I worked until midnight, then got home just as Faith woke up. So I fed her and put her back to bed, and then I went to sleep.
46. What are you afraid of? Mirrors in dark rooms. Have you ever played Bloody Mary? That stupid game you play at sleepovers when you're 12? Yeah, I still can't get over that. I am also terrified that I'll lose a child - not that one will die, but that one will be lost, and I won't know where they're at or what's happening to them. I'm not sure I could deal with that.
47. Salty or sweet? Either.
48. How many keys on your key ring? Four - the house, the car, the truck, and the shed.
49. How many years at your current job? Almost two this time around. I worked here for almost a year from April 2001 to March 2002, and started here again in October 2006.
50. Favorite day of the week? Saturdays, because Jeff is home. Sundays, too, except that they stress me out because of my calling.
51. How many towns have you lived in? Ogden, UT; Huntsville, UT; Layton, UT; Delta, UT; Setubal, Portugal; Amora, Portugal; Mindelo, Cape Verde; Mountain View, WY - That makes eight, as well as extended stays in Provo, UT (MTC) and Michoacan, Mexico (study abroad).
52. Do you make friends easily? It takes me a while. Lots of people have told me that they think I'm stuck up when they first meet me. I think I just take a little time to warm up.
53. Worst habit? You should ask Jeff this one. I'm sure he could come up with a few. For me, I'd say impatience. That, and a lot of times my mind wanders when I should be listening.
54. Are you getting sick of this survey? Yup.

No comments: