Thursday, September 18, 2008

Overdue Update

Feeding Faith is like target practice. She does this funny dive-bomb kind of thing toward the spoon, and you'd better have good aim so you get the food in her mouth while she's going head-first into the table with her mouth wide open. She is a pretty good eater. She loves peaches, bananas, pears, pineapple, blueberries, cherries, applesauce, and avocado. I obviously haven't done many vegetables yet, but soon to come is squash, sweet potatoes, and maybe green beans. She gobbles up pretty much everything we give her, except plain yogurt. She's not such a fan of that.

Michael and Faith are both sick. They have croup. Tuesday night, I was up most the night with one or the other, and Wednesday morning, I wasn't feeling so hot either. I was so exhausted and overwhelmed that I asked Jeff to go in to work late so he could help me with the kids. Thank goodness for husbands. I went back to bed, and he got breakfast for Michael, loaded the dishwasher, cleaned up the kitchen, and made breakfast for me and him, all before 10 AM. I was impressed. Thank you, Sweetie!!

Jeff decided not to go to work at all on Wednesday. Instead, we took the kids to Beus pond, up by Weber State, to feed the ducks. Michael loved it. It was so funny to watch him, because he would throw the bread as hard as he could, and it would go way up in the air and fall down about two feet in front of him. But he didn't care. He had a great time.

I took Michael to the doctor today just to make sure that he had croup and nothing worse. He was so sad - he didn't get to go to pre-school today, and he won't be able to go to the zoo tomorrow. We promised him we'd take him to the zoo another day. I think we'll take him up to Willow Park Zoo in Logan. It's cheaper and smaller than Hogle Zoo, but I think he'll like it just as much.

Enjoy a slide show of their latest photos!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

OH my goodness. Those pictures are adorable. I can't wait to have some of my own. I have the most beautiful grand kids. Thanks. Love, MOM