Sunday, September 12, 2010

Word of the Day: Excessive

The excessive time it took to finish this project. Remember, we started in December..... way back in December.... can you even remember last December? It's when this girl was born:
And look at her now:Excessive frustration trying to get the new door frames level and the doors to close properly.

Excessive trips to Lowe's.

Excessive number of cuts I had to make to get that stupid crown moulding right.
Excessive amount of sawdust in my carport.

Excessive gratitude to Chay and April for letting me borrow their miter saw. (I promise I'll get it back to you this week.)

Excessive amount of caulk to hide my crappy cuts.

Excessive number of "little jobs" that had to be done to make it really complete. (Hang blinds, touch up paint, make curtains, install door knobs, hang mirror....)

Excessively tired of home improvement projects.

Excessive list of projects still to come. (sigh)

Excessive excitement from this guy, at the prospect of organizing his own room.

(Please excuse the excessive use of the word excessive.)

7 comments:

Connie said...

I have an excess amount of happiness for you in the completion of your rooms. I hope you are all moved in. Nice job, by the way. I'm sure Michael has his room totally organized.

April said...

Well I need to come over and see! Looks awesome Cami. Don't worry about the miter saw- it usually just sits outside in our shed amongst our excessive junk.

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

That is a dang good looking room! I'm excessively impressed with your excessive abilities!

Rachel said...

Way to keep plugging away. I have been working on projects much smaller than yours and feel completed exhausted by them and thoroughly don't feel like anymore home repair for a LONG time. So you are tougher than me. Looks good. Hang in there.

Elissa said...

That looks amazing!!! I am so impressed.

Julander Family said...

I love/hate projects like these. I love the way they turn out and I hate that they take so dang long and so much work! It looks awesome! I can't believe you are the one doing it all, I have to have hubby help!

Lindsay said...

The room looks great Cami!