Thursday, September 10, 2009

Delta

The kids and I went to Delta on Tuesday after Michael got home from school. It was a fun trip. Both kids did GREAT in the car both ways (more about that later). We got to see Mandi, Matthew, and Abby for the first time since they moved back from Texas. It was fun to see Mom and Dad, Callie and Averie, and Nikki and Keely. Mandi and Callie and I stayed up way too late gabbing, and I didn't even feel tired the next day until I sat down just before dinner and almost couldn't get myself to stand up again. I finished a couple of sewing projects (a bed skirt for Faith's new daybed and a crib skirt to match the super-cute Pottery Barn Kids bumper pads I scored at a yard sale).

So Michael has learned that when we drive, we go through one town, to the next, to the next, and so on. He asked me on the way down what town we were in. I told him we were in North Salt Lake. He then asked, "Then we'll be in Nephi?" (He knows that Nephi is where Riley and Nikki live, and that it's pretty close to Delta.) I told him no, then we'd be in Salt Lake, then Sandy, then Lehi, then Orem, then Provo, then Springville, then Spanish Fork, then Santaquin, then Mona, and THEN Nephi (I skipped a few towns, obviously). So then every two or three minutes, he would ask again what town we were in. When I told him, "We're in Lehi," he would repeat, "Then we'll be in Orem, then Provo, then Springville....." He had them all memorized. It was cute, but also very annoying to hear the entire list 95 times. And then to have it repeated in reverse all the way home.

And just a side note. I love it when my dad plays with my kids. They LOVE him, and it's so fun to watch them interact. I'm grateful that my kids have the grandparents they do, and that they'll grow up having a relationship with their grandparents.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Michael is so funny :)