Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. Jeff's job. I'm grateful that his job is stable, and that he's (usually) home by 4:00 or so. He's been working a lot of extra hours lately to meet a deadline, and it's been a little bit of a challenge to not have him home until 5 or 6. I know, I'm such a whiner. But I am glad that his work schedule lets him be home for a good chunk of time each day.

2. Jeff's annual bonus. He got it last week, and we split it in half with the understanding that each of us would spend our half on something to benefit the family. I spent mine on three new (used from KSL) dressers for me, Jeff, and the new baby. The plan was to paint Jeff's old one and use it for Faith, get rid of the one that Faith and Michael share right now, get rid of my old one, and buy new ones for me and Jeff. We have two dressers in storage that match Michael's bunk beds, so he'll get those. Anyway, when all is said and done, we now own eight dressers. We have three under our carport, and we look like we should be living in a trailer park. But hopefully soon they will be gone - we're giving one to a family who needs a dresser for their new baby, one to Riley and Nikki, and hopefully selling one on KSL. Jeff is spending his on a Nintendo Wii and accessories, and he gave me an extra $100 for my stuff.

3. A new dining room set!! Yay!!!!! I bought a new set today with my leftover money, the money from Jeff, and just a little bit more. I'm way excited. The set we have now really isn't a set at all. It's a table we got for free from Melissa, and four chairs we got from one of Jeff's previous co-workers, also for free. Three of the four chairs are broken. Our new one is being delivered on Saturday, and guess what - it has eight chairs! That means that when Mom and Dad are here (or anyone else), we can all sit down AT THE SAME TIME!!! Woo-hoo!

4. Chocolate cake. Yummmmm.

5. Private Selection English Toffee Temptation ice cream. Heavenly.

1 comment:

Connie said...

We've got new chairs to sit on. I think the next thing would be a queen size bed in the basement. :)