Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween decor

We finally got around to carving our pumpkins tonight for Family Home Evening.From left to right is Faith's, Michael's, mine, and Jeff's. Lauren doesn't have one. She was too involved in eating apples and strawberries to be bothered. Jeff worked really hard on that Elmo, and I think it turned out great. My ghost was super easy. Of course, after doing Faith and Michael's (they weren't much help), I was pretty much done, so the ghost was perfect.

Here are some luminaries we made at some family activities.
We have them on the piano, where they spookily light up the statue of Christ. Kind of bizarre, but hey, keeping them out of the reach of a particular 2-year-old limits my choice of placement.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

I love that Elmo!

It is a happy day when kids are old enough to carve their own pumpkins. We are 3/4 of the way there.

Hollie said...

Those are some impressive pumpkins, especially the Elmo!