Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Rules

Jeff and I were talking a couple weeks ago and I made some joke about my hair always being in a ponytail. He shrugged and said, "You just look like a mom."

Hmm. Not what this mom wants to hear.

In Jeff's defense, he wasn't being rude. He tells me often that I'm pretty, and he says he likes my hair in a ponytail. I believe him. But I still don't want to "look like a mom."

So this mom has made some new rules.
1. No more ponytails unless I'm going to the gym.
2. I will wear some piece of jewelry or other accessory every day.
3. I will wear at least mascara every day.
4. I will wear make-up on Sundays.
5. I won't wear sneakers unless I'm doing something sneaker-worthy.

I gave myself a mini-makeover with a new haircut and some new clothes and shoes. It's been about a week, and so far I'm liking these new rules. I feel like (gasp) more than a mom. And really, I think my kids are worth looking nice for. Most days.

Here's a somewhat scary sneak peak. I'm not a great self-photographer.

8 comments:

April said...

well I think you are looking so beautiful lately- Love the hair- and the new clothes. I was just thinking today at church how you get prettier and prettier every time I see you.

Whitnie said...

That makes me laugh because everytime I see you, you have a nice outfit on hair down and look very well put together. Then I look in the mirror and I have my hair in a ponytail no makeup (or makeup from the night before :)) and in sweats. I've really thought that I'd probably feel better if I put more effort into myself (like Cami). Hasn't happened yet, but you've planted a seed.

Malinda said...

My New Years resolution this year was to put on makeup every day. It sounds shallow, but I've decided that I'm a better mom/wife/neighbor/friend if I get up and get ready for the day. I get more done and I'm more friendly if I feel good about how I look. I haven't been perfect about keeping my resolution, but I've done lots better than usual. My kids don't care, but Nate appreciates it.

McBride Family said...

it's been a while since i have seen you - i've read about your in shape goals and now about your not just a mom look rules, but to see it in a picture is fun! you look GREAT!

Shelbee said...

You look great, Cami! I think your new rules are a good idea. I don't like having my hair in a ponytail all the time. I feel like I look much better if I have it down. I have contstantly had it up lately though because I need a haircut and my hair at the moment drives me crazy. Maybe I should hurry and do something about it instead of continuing to wear a ponytail. Thanks for the little reminder!

Mark and Emily said...

very, very pretty!

Hollie said...

I always feel better and seem to be more productive throughout the day when I've actually done something do myself. I just feel more prepared for anything to happen. Probably sounds dumb but it seems to work for me.
You are one hot mama! But I've always thought that...who couldn't with those beautiful blues! =)

Rachel said...

Good for you. I should set some rules like these for myself, although I really wouldn't survive not being able to wear a ponytail. I noticed how nice your hair was and you had pretty earrings on when you came to bring me dinner. I even commented about it to Ryan when you left. You look great. :)