Sunday, October 17, 2010

What I wish I could say, but can't for various reasons

Dear ____,

First of all, I want you to know that Jeff and I care about you a great deal. We think of you and speak of you often, and we are heartbroken over some of things that you have had to deal with in your life. I know that we can never understand.

But I also know that Jesus Christ understands. I know that you know it too. You once had a testimony. I've heard you bear it. You know that living the principles Christ taught is the only way you'll ever truly be happy. You were so happy. So happy. The joy used to shine from your eyes and face. Do you remember that? You glowed. But it's gone now, and that breaks my heart. I believe, however, that your testimony is not gone. It's still in there. You may fight it, but it will keep rising to the surface, inviting you to change and to return to the happiness you had.

Please, accept the invitation. And soon. We miss you.

1 comment:

Callie Hansen said...

I can think of someone I want to say these exact words to, out of love.