Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Latest Wedding Cake

So I did this cake for a co-worker of Jeff's who got married yesterday. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it. I think it's because the colors they wanted were all beige-y, and they all just kind of blend into one beige-y blah. If the colors were different, I think I'd like it a lot. Also, they just wanted frosting and not fondant. And icing is impossible to get completely smooth, so it isn't as pretty as I'd like. There, I'll stop pointing out faults now and let you see for yourself.


2 comments:

Connie said...

"Wow, lots of flowers, lots of work. It's beautiful. Love, MOM

Shelbee said...

You did a great job! The petal cakes are especially difficult to keep icing smooth on. Don't be too hard on yourself though...I'm sure you find more fault with it than anyone else ever will. I think that's just the way it goes. I do the same thing.