Saturday, January 10, 2009

Some Randomness

Nikki had her baby today! Yeah! She ended up having a C-section because try as she might, Nikki could not get that little girl to behave as she ought to. You're in for a spitfire, Nikki!! Anyway, they are both doing well. Keely has more hair than Faith does (I'm jealous). I'm hoping to see her in the next couple of days, whenever the kids and I go down to Delta. Jeff is leaving for Washington DC tomorrow morning for work, so the rest of us are going to visit my parents for a few days.

Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Comet cleanser? Anyone who knows me well knows that my least favorite chores are dusting and cleaning the bathtub. For as long as we've lived in this house, with this old scratched up bathtub, it has been impossible to get clean. I have tried every type of cleaner from CLR to Lime-Away to generic cleansers to bleach to Soft Scrub to OxiClean to Scrubbing Bubbles. And my bathtub never looks clean. Then I bought some Comet. And TA-DA!!!! A sparkling white bathtub!!! Why did I never try it sooner? Well, I did try generic brands of cleansers, but apparently they're just not the same.

And on a cleaning-related note - does anyone know how to get formula stains out of clothing? Jeff's sister gave us a bag of clothes her kids had outgrown, and while I was going through it I found a dress that Jeff's grandmother knitted. I think it was Kari's blessing dress, to be honest. But she apparently doesn't want it. Anyway, it's a darling little dress, but it was badly stained. I sprayed it with a ton of Shout and then I soaked it in Tide with Bleach overnight and then washed it. And it looks a ton better. It's almost white, but there are still a few visible spots. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Laundry is not my forte. I don't mind doing it, but I'm not very good at it. Jeff's brother-in-law once asked Jeff where he got his nice, cream-colored dress shirt. It was a white shirt that I had washed a few times. Yeah, I'm not that good at laundry.

1 comment:

Callie Hansen said...

I got some clothes for Averie from my friend and some had stains. Soak them in OxyClean. Let them soak for a couple hours and then wash them as usual. The stains came out of mine. I've also used a paste of Borax/water before and let it sit then wash.