Friday, April 24, 2009

Good Times

The kids and I have been down in Delta for the last couple of days. Mandi is here from Texas with her kids, so we went to spend some time with them. We had a "sewing bee" with all the girls. It was fun. I made a super-cute quilt for Faith. We'll probably be moving her into a twin bed around Christmas (she'll be 22-23 months, and Michael was 18 months when we moved him), so I was excited to make her quilt. Jeff will hate it, I'm sure, because it has a lot of bold flashy prints in it, but I love it.

On the way home today, we stopped at the Wendy's in Nephi for lunch. We saw a school bus there (Delta's baseball team on their way to a game). Michael rides a bus to pre-school, and he loves to see them. Then we saw about eight more school buses before we got home. Just a couple of miles from home, Michael suddenly pipes up from the back seat:

"I'm so happy! We're going to see Daddy, and I saw so much school buses, and my owie is all gone!"

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have such simple requirements for happiness?

No comments: