Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The impulse buy

A couple of days ago, a lady in our ward asked me if I needed a set of bunkbeds. I don't yet, but someday I probably will. Anyway, I went over to her house and looked at them, and I bought them. They are some of the sturdiest bunkbeds I've ever seen, and they look brand new. They also have a dresser and another chest of drawers that match, and she included the mattresses. $300 for everything. I feel like I got a pretty good bargain. There are a couple of tiny chips and scratches in the dressers, but they aren't noticeable. It will be great kid furniture for our new house. When we get a new house.

In the new house news, we are finishing up a couple of projects around this house, and then we'll hopefully find a realtor by the end of the month. I told the bishop on Sunday that we would be putting our house up for sale. I didn't specifically ask to be released from my calling, but I did express to him that now that we've made this decision, it's really hard for me to be excited about my calling. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

April said...

ok so Chay and I walked over to Dena's house on Sunday only to find out you had bought the bunk beds already. LOL. You are quick! They were very sturdy. Earth quake proof even! They would probably support your whole house if the walls fell on them. LOL

I don't think they are too girly for the girls so they will be perfect for Faith and Michael.

I can't believe you told the bishop! Good for you Cami. I could tell on Sunday that you were maxing out. Let's see what happens.

I will miss you Cami.

Shari said...

If you are looking for a realtor, my Dad is one. He works a lot here in the Terrace.

Elissa said...

Well, it's a good thing you told the bishop, but remember you have to die or have a debilitating illness or be moved out of the ward for at least a year before you actually get released from a calling. Maybe you should tell him you already moved? :)


Oh, and wow, I'm impressed you beat April to the bunk beds! :)