Friday, April 3, 2009

The Magic Broom

Michael discovered the magic broom today. He dropped one of his Sweet Tarts, and it rolled under the oven. I looked under to see if it was close enough to the edge for me to reach it, and it wasn't. I also thought I saw something else interesting under there, so I asked Michael to get me the broom.

Using the broom handle, I got out the missing Sweet Tart, along with some puzzle pieces that mysteriously disappeared about the time Faith started crawling. Michael was amazed that the puzzle pieces came out. We put the broom away and went on to the next thing.

Later, I was in the living room, and Michael came running in with one of my flip flops. He was so excited, and he said, "Look, Mom! I found your flip flop!" I asked where it had been, and he said, "Under your bed! Come see!" I followed him into my room, and there was the broom sticking out from under my bed. Smart kid, huh?

Yeah, except that I don't think he realizes that the broom didn't make those things appear. He spent a while sticking the broom under various pieces of furniture, trying to find more treasures.

No comments: