Friday, October 2, 2009

Isn't there an easier way?

I lost my cell phone the other day. I walked around the house, calling it from my cordless phone, and couldn't find it. Not in the car, either. I remembered having it at the furniture store, but when I went back there, they didn't have it. So I called Brandon and told him I lost my phone. He said no big deal, it was about time for me to upgrade and get a new one anyway.

Then I found my phone, in my bed, under the covers and pillows. Not exactly sure how it got there, but oh well. So I called Brandon again and told him I found it, but the flip part is starting to break off.

So he ordered me a new phone. Meanwhile, the flip part of my phone got worse and worse. Today, as I was driving to work, the phone rang. When I opened it up to answer it, the flip part on one side broke completely off. Fortunately, my new phone arrived at work today.

But then came the fun part of putting all my contacts into the new phone. Apparently, there is a program that will do that for me through Verizon, but I have to subscribe to some specific service, which I'm pretty sure the hotel does not. Or I could download them to my computer and then upload them onto the new phone, but I don't have the cable to get anything off that phone (which is why I have photos of the kids that will never be seen by anyone else). So yes, I sat for over an hour today at work, manually punching in contact information.

Please, no comments that make me feel stupid about how lame I am for manually entering all of that info. I already feel that way. I just don't know how else to do it.

4 comments:

Callie Hansen said...

You can take both phones to any Verizon store or verizon retailer and they can transfer photos, contacts, text messages, etc from the old to the new. Most VZ stores do it for free, but authorized retailers charge $5. SOOO worth it, in my opinion. Did you also know you can send those photos as Picture messages to any email address so you can have them at home on your personal computer? Just a thought....

Cami said...

Actually, I can't send the photos anywhere. My plan doesn't have text or messaging or e-mail or internet... It's just a phone. So, no such luck. And besides, now the contacts are transferred, so oh well. But maybe I'll take the phones in to have the photos transferred. Thanks for the info!

sevenpennys said...

It's ok. I don't know any other way to do it either...so that's what I do too :) I don't think you're dumb...if you are...so am I! At least we can be dumb together! :D

aje said...

You're not alone! I don't know how to switch the info either - I end up just punching the numbers in too! Actually...I haven't wanted to do that...so I still haven't on my new phone. Ha. Guess I better get to it.