Friday, October 30, 2009

Grrrrr......

The guy who wants to buy our house put in another counter-offer. And it's going to take us doing one more counter-offer before we feel good about it. He wants us to pay for a home inspection. It's very unusual that the seller would pay for it, but apparently this guy has made offers on two or three homes, paid for the inspections, and then not been able to buy because of problems that came up with the inspection. So he doesn't want to fork out another $250+ from his pocket. I understand that. But his counter-offer says that he'll order the inspection, and we'll pay for it. I really am okay paying for it. After all, if we have a copy of it, and this deal falls through, then at least we'll be able to provide that to any future prospective buyers. But I also don't want him to be able to order an inspection that costs us an arm and a leg. So we have to do a counter-offer just to clarify that we won't pay more than $250 (which is a reasonable price, according to what we can see online). That's really the only thing we even need to do this extra day of paperwork for. What a hassle. Then he has until Monday evening to accept or reject or counter-offer on that. So much for my hopes of knowing before the weekend what will happen.

Grrrr....

3 comments:

Callie Hansen said...

We paid $300 for ours, but it might be because we are rural...

April said...

oh Cami- how sad. I am sad reading this. I even cried to Chay. I have really loved getting to know you. You are true blue all the way through. I was sort of hoping you wouldn't sell your house :). I will miss you and your cute little family.

I know you aren't gone yet- but just the thought. You are an amazing person.

aje said...

Oh, Cami, so sorry to hear! Hopefully all goes well, though. At least it is better than nothing, right? I loved the pictures in your previous post, too. Happy Halloween!