Thursday, October 29, 2009

A looooooooot of photos

I've been meaning to write about our last couple of weekends, but I haven't gotten around to uploading photos from the camera until today, so this will be a long post of mostly photos.

On October 17, we went with Jeff's family to Black Island Farms out in Syracuse. They have a corn maze (which we did one year, but it was really lame, so we don't do it anymore), a wagon ride out to a pumpkin patch where each person gets to choose their own pumpkin, and a really cool area they call a "courtyard." The courtyard has a hay maze, corn cannons, a bounce house, a little tractor-pulled train, and several slides made out of haystacks. This is the best part. It's kind of expensive, but the kids enjoy it enough that I think it's worth a once-a-year treat.

Here's Michael and Faith in the hay maze:
Michael coming down the biggest hay slide:
He probably went down that big slide 25 times.

Here's Faith coming down a smaller slide:
Both of them on a smaller slide:
New this year was an enormous tube slide:
See Jeff and Michael and Amanda looking out the window?
When they got all the way up there, Michael decided it was too big for him to do by himself. So Jeff sent Amanda down alone (she looked completely terrified coming out of it), then he took Michael.
Michael (NOT looking at the camera) and Amanda in their pig train car:
Faith in a tunnel under some hay. She thought this place was so cool:
That was a really fun day. I didn't get any photos of the kids in the pumpkin patch. I'll have to get some from Richard and Anna.

On the 24th of October, we had our first Fall Party up in Huntsville. I think this is going to be an annual thing, since my grandparents go to Arizona each winter, and it will be a nice way to have a family activity before they head out. Most of the kids and some of the adults dressed up. Here's Michael in his dragon costume:
The family. Yes, I was Mrs. Potato Head. My friend Rachel let me borrow the costume, and it was PERFECT for a pregnant belly.
Faith, our little bumble-bee, riding the scooter. Okay, she didn't really ride it. She would just stand on it and get mad when Michael wanted to take a turn actually riding it.
And just a couple random other photos. Michael decided to eat his yogurt with his tongue instead of his spoon, and this was the result:
And *somebody* got to Faith:
We've had a fun couple of weeks. Michael wore his costume to pre-school today because the classes are going trick-or-treating over at the high school. The ward Trunk-or-Treat is tonight. Jeff is taking the kids to the Treehouse tomorrow for their Enchanted Woods event, and then we'll go trick-or-treating on Saturday night around the neighborhood.

In other news, we've had an offer on our house, and we presented a counter-offer today. We should know by tomorrow evening at the latest what will happen with that. Exciting, huh? I really think it will happen. When I was cleaning the house for this buyer to come look at it, I had the feeling that this would be it - that we'd have an offer and things would progress. We'll see how good my intuition is. Jeff says if I'm right he's taking me to Vegas for some gambling.

4 comments:

Rod said...

I enjoyed the pics. Hope the house works out. Where are you going to live? MOM

Whitnie said...

Looks like fun. I thought of asking Rachel if I could borrow the potato head too. That's funny. I have your pic done. I'll try to post them and get the CD to you on Sunday.

Elissa said...

Darling pictures. I love the potato head costume.

An offer on your house?? How exciting! I hope everything pans out. Though we will miss you guys if you move. :(

Rachel said...

The costume looked great! I'm so glad you could get some use out of it.