Wednesday, October 14, 2009

small updates

-- Faith has some mysterious rash all over her body. She has also had mild diarrhea, but no fever, no vomiting, no runny nose. I took her to the doctor yesterday just to make sure it wasn't anything contagious or worrisome. He couldn't find anything else wrong, and he said it's a viral rash, and we just have to wait it out. She just looks terrible. The spots are even on the bottoms of her feet. It doesn't seem to bother her, though, although she is clingier and whinier than normal.

-- We painted pumpkins for Family Home Evening on Monday. Actually, Jeff and the kids painted pumpkins. I helped Faith. Our pumpkins all are disguised as something else for Halloween. Faith's is dressed as an apple. Michael's is dressed as a sticker book, and Jeff's is dressed as.... hmm, I don't know. Michael calls it a "really scary face."

-- Jeff and I get to go on a date tonight! Yay!! We don't get out nearly as often as we should.

-- I have two bushels of apples and a bushel of pears that I need to make sauce out of. Anyone have one of those apple corer/peeler things I can borrow?

-- Jeff and Michael love the new Wii. I've only played it once, with Michael, and my athletic skill on the Wii isn't any better than my athletic skill in real life.

-- Ben Franklin here in Roy is going out of business. Everything is now 40% off or more. We went there today and I bought some cake decorating supplies, and some yarn to make a cute hat for Faith (another one - I just don't know when to stop).

-- Faith likes to open the lid to the toilet and back up to it, like she's trying to sit on it. I think I'll get the potty chair out and let her try for real. I'm not ready to potty train her, although it would be nice to not have two kids in diapers when Lauren is born. But there's certainly no harm in letting her get the feel of peeing in a toilet instead of her diaper.

-- One of the girls I hired at work didn't show up for her shift on Saturday. Or Sunday. So I worked. Why do those things always happen over a weekend? I guess I should be glad it was a weekend - Jeff was home and so I didn't have to find a babysitter. I ended up working five days in a row, which I don't think I've done since before Michael was born.

-- I hired a new girl, and I think she'll be great.

-- This Saturday we're going to Black Island Farms out in Syracuse. They do a corn maze every year, and you can take a tractor ride through the pumpkin patch and choose your own pumpkin. The best part, though, is the huge slides they make out of haystacks. Michael loved it last year, and I'm excited to see him play on them this year.

-- Faith is learning to make animal sounds. Jeff took a video of it, but it was sideways. We'll try to get another video made so I can post it here. It's really cute.

4 comments:

RiLe said...

When I worked for Wolf, the management there hired on a guy who they'd fired before for missing his shift. He was a no-show on a friday and come monday, he told the manager that there was a concert that he "really had to go to"....Some people.

Connie said...

Sorry about Faith. Hope she gets better soon. Sounds like you are all having a lot of fun. I love the pumpkin disguises. The corn maze sounds like a blast and the slides. I still haven't been able to go to a maze yet. Can't wait to see the video of Faith. Hope your new employee works out. You've had your share of bums.

Rachel said...

Kyla had a rash like that once and I think they told me the same thing. It just just start to go away. It seemed like it should have bothered her more than it did. -I do have one of those apple core thingys if you want to borrow it, just call me. I have never been to that black island farms place, but I hear people say all the time how much they love it. have fun.

Mark and Emily said...

My parents now live in Syracuse- I believe my mom took my nephew to that same pumpkin patch.

I recently purchased an apple peeler/corer since I've been canning applesauce. It is amazing! I'd loan it to you if I lived nearby.

I need to tell you about the Utah Food Share. Have you heard about this? My mom is picking up her share for the first time today. $23 and the amount of food is amazing! You probably already know all about it, though.

If you ever need fruit to can, my brother has a garden with OODLES of fruit. Literally, he was giving away coolers full of plums and apples. He has way too much for our entire family.