Friday, May 28, 2010

Mission Impossible.... Almost

I have been searching for weeks for a sofa I could put in the living room. We sold our old ones at our yard sale, and since then have only had the two chairs I need to recover. We can't really afford a new one, so I had been looking on KSL and Craigslist. I wanted a queen sleeper, so that my family has somewhere to sleep when they are visiting. And I wanted it to be brown. I thought I might like a sectional, but was having a hard time finding one with the right design. I'm super picky, and I feel like I'm past the point where I'm willing to just get whatever because it's cheap or it's free. I wanted to actually get a sofa that I want to keep for a long, long time. I was getting very frustrated and was even resigned to paying full price for one that fit my long list of criteria. I had even gone to a couple of new furniture stores to price them.

But then, I found this.It's exactly what I was looking for in a sofa. It was a little more than I would have liked to pay, but it's brand new - and still MUCH cheaper than retail. The lady bought it for her basement, and then her son decided to move his bedroom and so she sold this to make room for his new room. And I love it.

And I love Jeff for missing his elder's quorum ultimate frisbee game to drive to Herriman in rush-hour traffic with me to get it. And for hauling it up the stairs from the lady's basement. And for hauling it into our house. It's HEAVY. He did have help both times, but still...... Thank you Sweetie!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! Good for you for holding out till you found what you wanted...I think I would have given up and gone to RC Willeys by then. Is it leather?

April said...

I would rather have a couch that I love than any couch at all...so therefore we are couchless.

I love it. Leather is the way to go with kids. So easy to clean up.

April said...

i missed a couple words...LOL- going to fast or completely out of it- I meant to say- more or less- that unless I have the perfect couch I won't put one in my living room- that is why we are all still sitting on the floor for family home evening.

McBride Family said...

gotta love sweet husbands! nice couch!

Cami said...

It's actually microfiber. It looks like leather in the photo, but it isn't. I was looking at leather sofas, but then I remembered how hot our living room gets in the summer, and I just don't want to feel sticky when I sit down on the couch. And the rule at our house is no food outside of the kitchen/dining area, so it shouldn't get too dirty. Our old couch was microfiber, and it was really easy to clean.