Friday, May 28, 2010

A couple of ideas

Sorry for the post overload today, but I'm at work (bored because we're slow), and I've had a lot of things running around in my head. But I'm wondering if any of my 2nd Ward friends (or anyone else who lives in this area) wants to get together for a couple of activities. Here are the ideas:

1. A monthly crafting/sewing/whatever group. We'd have a specific thing we were going to make each month, and we could meet at my house or someone else's, and basically just socialize while we do something fun. I'm thinking we'd make assignments for each month, so that we rotate who chooses the project to make. That way we'd have more of a variety of things to make - aprons, flower headbands, cards, whatever. It would have to be a simple project that can be completed in the one day.

2. Summer camp! This was actually Shari's idea, but we think it would be fun to organize a few families with younger kiddos (maybe ages 2 or 3 up to ages 7 or 8?) to do our own sort of summer camp. We'd pick a week (probably in July?) and each mom would be in charge of some sort of activity. We'd split the kids up into age groups, and do crafts, scientific experiments, service projects, gardening, whatever. We're thinking of a simplified version of this idea by My Mix of Six.

If anyone is interested in either of these, please let me know!

5 comments:

Dennis and Calena said...

The first one sounds like a ton of fun to me!

Julander Family said...

I'm interested Cami. Let me know what I can do to help!

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

I don't have any young kids yet so I guess the Summer Camp idea doesn't really apply to me...but I'm totally down with a monthly "make something" night!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like fun! I'd be interested for sure... let me know =)

Rachel said...

Sounds good. I am not super creative, but I'm sure I could steal someone else's ideas to share. :)