Sunday, May 2, 2010

PHEW!!!

I promise - one of these days I'm going to be one of those women who are always caught up on everything. You know, laundry, dishes, visiting teaching, cleaning, blogging.... But today, I am not one of those women.

We've had a crazy week. The kids and I went to Delta for our girls' sewing bee. I've always done big projects when we've had them before (a quilt, bed skirts, etc.), but this time I did aprons for Michael and Faith, so they can "help" me cook. I'll have to take a picture of them. Faith's was kind of an experiment, but it turned out really cute.

We had a yard sale for our family activity yesterday. It rained on us, but not too much. I knew the weather was supposed to be kind of yucky, but I was SO TIRED of all the stuff piled in my living room. I put an ad in the paper and said "rain or shine," so we were committed. (But then the paper failed to print the ad, but that's another story.) So now our living room is practically empty, except for the two chairs I need to recover (my next project) and a table with the TV on it. Some guy who owns an auction house came and bought just about every piece of furniture we had - and we had A LOT. Between all of us, we had two couches, a box springs, headboard, loveseat, end tables, coffee table, mirror, shelves, futon mattress, bed frames, rug, and more. We sold a lot of stuff, and made a decent amount of money. It was fun, but not something I'll organize again for a long time. I'll be happy to sell my stuff at someone else's, though!

I've been working some extra shifts because one of the desk clerks is on vacation. The money will be nice, but it's hard to be away from home. Since Lauren was born, I'm just not feeling the desire to get out like I did after Michael and Faith. I get irritated with things that take me away from my family. Not that I want to never have a break, but I just have been feeling very strongly that I need to focus my efforts and my attention on home. I think that once we are finished remodeling the basement and doing a couple of other projects at home, I will probably retire from my part-time job, and definitely cut back to one day on my gym job. But to those of you who work with me at the hotel - that won't be for some time still. I imagine I'll be there at least through the end of this year. We have a LOT to do on the house.

That's the short version of the long week we've had. I'll take a photo of the kids' aprons soon, and post a photo of the curtains with bows on the bottoms. You all were right - they were just the right touch!

2 comments:

April said...

Thank you Cami for doing the WHOLE yard sale. I did nothing to help.

I am amazed at how much you get done.

Rachel said...

I really should have brought over a few items to your garage sale that didn't make it to DI yet, oh well. I feel your exact same way when I go to work, sort of a combination of guilt/sadness/annoyance that I have to be at work while my kids are getting older too quickly. I guess that we do what we have to do, huh?