Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Oops! I just now remembered that I'm going to do the Thankful Thursday thing. Here goes:

  1. I'm thankful that each morning I get to wake up to Michael about one inch from my face saying, "Good morning! I'm awake!" Even though it's always way too early, I love it.
  2. I'm thankful that Faith is so smiley.
  3. I'm thankful for NPR. Whenever I happen to be in the car without Michael, off go the Raffi songs and on comes talk radio. That's really where I get most of my world news - and a good dose of sanity.
  4. I'm thankful that Michael tries so hard. Last night when I got home from work, there was a pan of water on the stove. There usually is, since Jeff uses it to warm milk when I'm not there. Anyway, I dumped the water out, and there was a mass of slimy, gelatinous, who-knows-what at the bottom of the pan. I was totally grossed out. I washed it out, and tried to forget about it. But when I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth, I found an empty pectin box in the garbage can in there. Mystery solved. Michael, after helping me pour the pectin into the jelly yesterday, decided to make his own last night. He dumped my last package of pectin into that water. We had to go buy more today to do apricot jam, but that's okay.
  5. I'm thankful for apricots. Apricot nectar, apricot jam, fresh apricots, .... When Michael and I made jam today, I couldn't help but eat a ton of apricots and lick the ladle after I was done. Yummy!!!

1 comment:

aje said...

I'm glad you like apricots because you're going to get lots more!!! I'm also glad that Michael is doing better...even if it is a long hill to climb. It just proves that prayer really does work--Someone is listening. I'll keep praying for you & Michael. :o)