Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bear Lake

I just have to post a couple of photos of our trip to Bear Lake. Mom, Dad, Michael, and Callie picked up Faith and me on Friday afternoon and we all rode up together (Jeff didn't come home from New York until very late that night). I was so excited to see Michael after being away from him for the whole week, but he just said hi and walked right past me into the bathroom. Kind of a letdown.

Anyway, it was fun to see everyone up at Bear Lake. We were the last to arrive at the campground, and we got there just in time for dinner. We ate chicken tacos and listened to Uncle Chris play the guitar and sing the same two songs about 35 times (something about wanting to be a dog - I don't know, I blocked it out after hearing it 10 times).

The next morning, Jeff drove up to meet us and we spent the day at the lake. Michael had a great time playing in the water, although he only went in up to his ankles. But he splashed and played and ran around. It was fun to watch him. Here he is having a "water fight" with Jeff. Grandma was helping him.

Mom and I took Faith out in the little tube. I put her toes in the water, and she wasn't sure what she thought about that. I don't think she liked it much, but she didn't complain about it, either, so I put her farther into the water. Finally, I just put her in the tube. The water came up to her armpits, and it was kind of cold. But she just looked around a little bit, and then put her head on her arm and looked like she would fall asleep. It was really funny.

Here she is hanging out in her Bumbo chair. She loves that chair. She likes being able to sit up and look around. Her thighs are so fat, though, that she gets stuck in it.

Overall, it was a good weekend. I've always loved Bear Lake, and it's always nice to spend some time there.

No comments: