Monday, August 11, 2008

A Report on Last Week

Phew!!! The crazy week is over, and we all survived. Everything actually went really well. I got a new person hired at work, and I think he'll be good. The car was fixed (sort of), and the cakes turned out really well. Here are a couple photos of the wedding cake:

They had a western-themed wedding, so I made the ivory fondant look like stucco and added fondant ropes, felt cowboy hats, and icing and gum paste flowers. It was a lot of fun to do, but it was probably way too big. Everyone filled up on the other food, and so nobody ate cake. They have carrot cake to last them a really long time.

The wedding was really nice. A lot of people came, which I'm not sure they expected, since it was such short notice. Grandma and Grandpa's house looked great. Jill and everyone else up there did a fantastic job. The ceremony was very nice, and the food was yummy. How could a wedding be better?

Here is the birthday cake I did for Julia's first birthday. Julia is my friend April's little girl. This week I'm doing another birthday cake, for Hunter. He wants a track-hoe like his daddy drives at work. I am excited about it.

This is me, Michael, and Faith at the wedding. Faith's dress was given to her by my friend Becca in Michigan. Becca, if you read this, I LOVE IT!!! It's so cute on her. Thanks again.

After the wedding, we left to go camping. We went to a campground called Ledgefork, near Oakley. It was a really nice campground (good job, Mom!). Mom had activities planned and assigned, and everyone participated, which made it so fun. The only thing that could have made it better (other than Mandi, Burke, Matthew, and Riley being there) would have been if Jeff hadn't been sick.

As promised, here is the video of Michael singing "Three Little Ducks" to Faith, as well as a photo of the two of them together.



And that's all for today. Time to go do another load of laundry.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Love the cake, and the video! Cute, cute, cute!

Love you!

aje said...

I see that cowboy boots didn't end up being pillars--but I absolutely love the tiny felt cowboy hats instead! Both cakes turned out great! You definitely have a vast amount of talent & creativity. Your kids are adorable as well!
~AJ

Jeff said...

Why are the ropes twisted in opposite directions? Your photographer deserves a raise. Not necessarily from these or any other pictures, but he still deserves it.

Connie said...

Jeff is a crack-up. He deserves something. Probably not an ego boost though. Love, Mom